Impact of Ecommerce in commercial world
Ecommerce stands for electronic commerce or internet commerce. It is the process of buying and selling of products using internet and transfer of money & data to complete the transactions. Whereas e-business refers to all aspects of operating an online business, ecommerce refers specifically to the transaction of goods and services.
History of Ecommerce
It begins with the online sale of CD on the August 11, 1994 through website NetMarket, an American retail platform. This is the first example of a consumer purchasing a product from a business through the WWW or ecommerce as we commonly know it today.
Since because of evolution of Ecommerce Independent freelancers, small businesses, and large corporations have all benefited from ecommerce, which motivates them to sell their goods and services online that was not possible with traditional offline retail market.
There are four main type of Ecommerce model
- Business to Consumer (B2C): When a business sells a good or service to an individual consumer (e.g. You buy a dress from an Ecommerce).
- Business to Business (B2B): When a business sells a good or service to another business (e.g. A wholeseller sells its products via E-commerce to retailer to resell product).
- Consumer to Consumer (C2C): When a consumer sells a good or service to another consumer (e.g. You sell your old bike on Ecommerce to another consumer).
- 4. Consumer to Business (C2B): When a consumer sells their own products or services to a business or organization (e.g when a freelancer works on Ecommerce project for any company).
Examples of Ecommerce
Ecommerce involves different kind of transactional relationships between businesses and consumers and different objects and services being exchanged using electronic medium.
- Retail Ecommerce - The sale of a product by a business directly to a customer.
- Wholesale Ecommerce - The sale of products in bulk to a retailer.
- Dropshipping Ecommerce- The sale of a product, which is manufactured and shipped to the consumer by a third party involvement. Eg. Meesho.
- Tools Oberlo, Spocket, Modalyst, AliExpress dropshipping, EComdash.
- Crowdfunding Ecommerce - The collection of money from consumers in advance of a product being available in order to raise the startup capital necessary to bring it to market.
- Subscription Ecommerce: The automatic recurring purchase of a product or service on a regular basis until the subscriber chooses to cancel. Eg. BookmyShow
- Physical products Ecommerce:
Any tangible good that requires inventory to be replenished and orders to be physically shipped to customers as sales are made. Eg. Amagon.in
- Digital products Ecommerce: Downloadable digital goods, templates, and courses, or media that must be purchased for consumption or licensed for use. Eg: Shopify, Netflix
- Services Ecommerce: A skill or set of skills provided in exchange for compensation. The service provider’s time can be purchased for a fee. Eg. Google
Best Ecommerce platforms
- BigCommerce : They provide Flexible and scalable website with excels with multi-channel selling. Strong SEO Performance is a plus point.
- Shopify : They provide Fastest Load Time, super Easy Set Up and 1-Click Selling Apps Available here.
- 3dcart : They provide Better Blog Feature, tons Of Integrations and integration of great Business Management Tools.
- WooCommerce : This is Best Platform For SEO , 1-Click Selling Apps Available and consist of lots of Service Providers.
- Magento : These are Robust and Feature Rich with Strong SEO and 1-Click Selling Apps Available here.
- Wix : It consist of Tons of Free, Amazing Themes and Simple to Use and Set Up.
The aim of this blog writing is to analyse contribution of Ecommerce in the present market. Through out my study I found that Ecommerce is playing a vital role in delivering products and services to the right audience. It gave job to many people also it is easy and convenient to use. Via Ecommerce a single person can deliver its product through out the world. A person can buy and sell a product, can check review, can get newsletter, subscribe to get all new updates, can send query also can contact directly to service provider via call and email. Ecommerce is using various platforms like Shopify, WorkPress, WooCommerce, Magento, Wix, 3dcart, BigCommerce. Within couple of weeks the Ecommerce gets ready and then by a single click you can buy or sell your product and start earning money. If you have any Ecommerce business idea with you come to us we will make ready your idea in real life experience. We are Wetware Systems Pvt. Ltd.
Name: Jaya Kumari
IT Business Analyst
Wetware Systems Pvt. Ltd.